Tuesday, December 9, 2008

See the differance 5 lbs can make


In the last three weeks I have watched what I eat and each week cut out sugars, excesive carbs and fat and focused on eating healthy and low fat. I have walked 5 - 6 times a week on my treadmill for 30 minutes in the morning. I do ab work outs in ten minute segments twice a day and I 30 - 45 minutes of cardio arebics, including tae bo, turbo jam and denise austin videos. I like to rotate them so I don't get bored and it keeps it fun. So far I absolutely love Turbo Jam the most though!! And in three weeks I have lost 5 lbs.
Now, it's not like those scams you see where you lose 30 lbs in 30 days with no diet and exercise and all you do is take the magic pill! It's exercise and healthy eating and I gaining muscle and tone, losing fat, and I feel alot better. My muscles are sore from being out of shape, but I am getting stronger. I can lift more and I am feeling alot more energetic.
I have a heart condition and since I have been working out regularly, my heart hasn't been palpatation anywhere near as much.
I am taking a green tea suppliment along with a multivitamin and drinking lots of unsweetened green tea and water, plain and with lemon. I just feel great lately.
When we took the pictures today I could really see a differance that five lbs off can make and I was like WOW! Now I really want to keep trying harder to get it all off. It's working and it's sooo gonna be worth it!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Rachel,
You're right that 5lbs makes a huge difference! Keep up the good work and don't lose motivation. You'll reach your goal in no time! You've actually inspired me to exercise and eat healthier.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the kudos. I hope we can inspire each other to keep motivated. That is a big thing for getting where we want to be, getting motivates and staying that way.

If feeling better and looking better and being well isn't enough motivation for me I don't know what is. :)

Hugs and good luck. Keep me posted. I'll add you to my blog roll. ;)

Rachel

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,
I saw your feedback for TJ on Beach Body.com and was wondering what's happened since. Your blog seems to be a year out of date - have you reached your goal, and are you still loving the program?
Natalie